PRODUCT MANAGER, E-COMMUNITY PROGRAMS POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: NetWork Kansas, Product Manager, Entrepreneurship (E-) Community Programs
Current Employee: N/A
REPORTS TO: Director, E-Community Partnership
PAY RANGE: TBD
DATE: August 2023
The Product Manager, Entrepreneurship (E-) Community Programming reports directly to the Director, E-Community Partnership. This position is based in Wichita, KS. A hybrid work model which blends office and remote work will be offered.
Assets Under Management: N/A
Personnel Under Management: N/A
Key Responsibilities: Working under the supervision of the Director, E-Community Partnership, the primary responsibilities for this position include
a) working autonomously, as well as part of the team, to lead and manage the necessary processes for successful individual E-Community board certified programs, including: Growing Rural Businesses, Ice House, Maker Space Boot Camp, Destination Boot Camp, and Entrepreneur Business Basics,
b) assisting the Director and Senior Product Manager with gathering demographics and survey data for each program, and
c) working collaboratively with the Director and Senior Product Manager, as well as each of the regional managers, to fill in the gaps and assist with program when and where is needed.
Job Description – Product Manager, E-Community Programs
● Be the primary point of contact and event coordinator for the implementation of board certified programs (Growing Rural Businesses, Ice House, Destination BootCamp,
Maker Space Boot Camp, Entrepreneur Business Basics). Oversight to include communication with the appropriate regional manager and E-Community point person,
and coordination of items such as logistical support (room setup, ensuring materials are on-site, issuing and collecting feedback surveys), promotional processes, maintenance
of supporting documents and promotional aides, liaison with program providers, and follow-up.
● Be the primary point of contact and event coordinator for additional E-Community events, including but not limited to, the Ice House Summit. Oversight to include
communication with the appropriate regional manager and E-Community point person, and coordination of items such as logistical support (room setup, ensuring materials are on-site, issuing and collecting feedback surveys), coordination of promotional process with the E-Community and field staff team member, maintenance of supporting documents and promotional aides.
● For all board certified program events (with the exception of YEC/KEC), coordinate communication (including conference calls, e-mails, and in-person meetings) between
E-Community, NetWork Kansas, and program providers for individual programs to ensure action items are being completed as per timelines, and issue progress reports to all;
● With each Board Certified Program: Plan, Execute, Debrief, Improve, Repeat;
● Assist with initial drafts of news releases, articles, and online engagement related to the programs as needed;
● Manage, track, and report program activity;
● In a timely manner, share appropriate information with the NetWork Kansas Marketing Associate so they can develop content for a variety of mediums that include but are not limited to brochures, collateral, website, video, and social media;
● Maintain program documents on DropBox and/or the website and update as needed;
● Ensure that adequate metrics are captured and reported each year for board certified programs, and work with the appropriate resource partners to collect data from entrepreneurs;
● Serve as point person for E-Communities with questions about programs;
● Work with regional coaches to set state-wide goals for programming, to increase participation in Board Certified Programs across all regions.
The ideal candidate will be a college graduate and have either educational or work experience related to entrepreneurship or management. This position requires a well-rounded individual with the ability to manage projects and work toward deadlines.
● Understanding of the entrepreneurial process and commitment to high levels of customer service
● Preferred: Minimum one (1) year experience with NetWork Kansas or (2) years of related experience to ensure adequate knowledge of statewide partners and community groups
● Willingness to learn new skills.
● Strong attention to detail, keeps excellent records, highly organized.
● Excellent communication skills, including: writing, editing, translating content into the visual display of information, public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
● Strong computer and software skills including: Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel required; photo editing and desktop publishing programs preferred; ability to learn new applications and complex features, as needed.
● Strong sense of initiative and self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish work group objectives.
● Willingness to work in the office three days per week. Two days can be remote.
● Willingness to travel.
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize as needed. High degree of resourcefulness and promptness.
● High degree of reliability, thoroughness, consistency and accuracy.
● Maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
● Work with a high degree of integrity and hold high ethical standards.
● Treat others with respect and dignity.
If interested, please email resumes to Amara Kniep, Director, Entrepreneurship (E-) Community Partnership, [email protected]